Short Handled Chines AKM Bayonet

AK Bayonets from China

Moderator: Mr. B.

MDIvie

Short Handled Chines AKM Bayonet

Post by MDIvie »

I picked this up awhile back. I've actually seen 2 others besides this one that were done this way (may be more out there). It looks like it has been cut down to fit on an AK pistol or an AKM with a shortened barrel. Has anyone got any idea who did these cut downs and why? I am currently assuming this was done here in the US, but am not sure.

MDI
Attachments
CChinBlSG05.jpg
CChinBlSG04.jpg
CChinBlSG03.jpg
CChinBlSG02.jpg
CChinBlSG01.jpg
ChinBlSG02.JPG
ou75id32

Re: Short Handled Chines AKM Bayonet

Post by ou75id32 »

only "pistol bayonets" are so short even the knife on pistol makes me laugh as total nonsense , it seems someones handwork because if it was official modification it would be new untouched screw head and two pint fixed on the other side of pommel.. This will be perfect for the garden midget chinese unit..
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

It looks like someone's fantasy bayonet to me. Probably by someone here in the USA because at one time years ago these Chinese AKM bayonets were almost worthless, (<$10.) and this was where most of them ended up. I would hope as a novelty and not to fit a cut down modified AKM. With a little time, a miter saw with a fine blade and a little inletting with a Dremel tool, This would be relatively easy to do as you can see in the picture. This picture is of my stripped Yugo, but you could use almost any donor AKM Type II bayonet.

Also the punch or staking of the threaded ends of the machine screws is not present on most of the Chinese AKM non-wirecutter bayonets, as they were never intended for actual issue or military use. Even if they were staked it is still easy to remove the screws with the proper tools and if one is careful, the screws can be reused and the dimples realigned. Almost impossible to detect without very close examination.

Mike
Attachments
IMG_0096.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I remember importing rifles and bayonets in the early 2000's.
Rifles cost us $100 in todays money, and bayonets I was selling for the equivalent of about $8. Had plenty of them.
If only I knew then.....

Now the factories won't even produce the bayonets for me, unless I order over 1000. And they can't even dig up any old ones in any warehouse or storeroom for me.
Brian
- Admin -