A white MAADI

Egyptian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Marco

A white MAADI

Post by Marco »

Hello comrades,

Just to show you a particular MAADI my brother buyed on the web and showed me yesterday.
It's in poor condition, very used, with a blade hardly sharpenned, and all paint in white (sorry Rolling Stones, it's not 'paint it black"... :clap: ).
The cisor piece at the scarbbard is broken. I identified a MAADI because of the size of the handle and the handle material (chocolate brown).
The particular thing is the attachment of the hanger on the scarbbard.
We all know the curved steel rod, and the very rare steel plate (I sent pictures some years ago "my bests") but here it's a staight right steel rod.
This is the first time I can see this kind of attachment.
I need your opinion about that. Thanks you all.
Attachments
MAADIwhite.jpg
MAADIwhite1.jpg
MAADIwhite2.jpg
Mr. B.

Re: A white MAADI

Post by Mr. B. »

It does appear to be an Egyptian AKM 6X4 Type II bayonet in the usual Type I scabbard. Not sure why or where it was painted off-white. Could be desert or snow camouflage, they were used many places.
You did bring up an interesting point about the scabbard hanger bracket. I had not paid much attention to the ones from different countries. Obviously, the different countries that made the AKM Type I scabbards, used different specifications and standards. Below are close-up pictures of the hanger bracket on an Egyptian, (right), and a Romanian, (Left), scabbard. The Egyptians had their own methods and the Romy represents most of the other countries. Mike
Egyptian Scabbard bracket 3.jpg
Egyptian Scabbard bracket 4.jpg
Egyptian Scabbard bracket 2.jpg
Egyptian Scabbard bracket 6.jpg
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your pictures and answer. Marco.
Jc22

Post by Jc22 »

Thanks Mike for your response ! This bayonet is mine and for me a curiousity!
Best regards