Any places to find bayonets for reasonable prices? 2022

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Michaelj607

Any places to find bayonets for reasonable prices? 2022

Post by Michaelj607 »

Hello, i was wondering if anyone new food places to look for starting a collection in this year. I know it seems I missed the age of cheap bayonets all over the place unfortunately. I have zero ak bayonets at the moment but would love to start a collection even if it's small. If anyone would be able to help me find East german ones would be cool as my family was East German. But anything to start would be appreciated. Also this forum has been super interesting thank you all.
Mr. B.

Re: Any places to find bayonets for reasonable prices? 2022

Post by Mr. B. »

In person I would suggest Gun and Military collectors shows. Next gun and antique stores. Auctions containing guns and related items. Online I would suggest collectors' sites like this Forum or FB groups. Best for me is eBay. I check it regularly and have found many items there. See what is available and get an idea of prices.

If you are serious about collecting, I would suggest spending time scrolling through this Forum so you have a base line of what you are interested in and how to identify the various bayonets, scabbards and accessories. A book about collecting AK bayonets is old style, but still a good place to start. I would suggest "Kalashnikov Bayonets" by Martin Ivie. Mr. Ivie is a member here and his book is often available on eBay and Amazon.

Good luck collecting! Mike
Michaelj607

Post by Michaelj607 »

You see unfortunately I'm in commiefornia and not many gun shows are near where I am exactly. Makes it kinda hard. But I'll look through ebay
CarlosC

Post by CarlosC »

I've had success with eBay, GunBroker, and Invaluable.com. Unfortunately, the best deals, regardless of whether in person or online, have been with misidentified or unidentified AK bayonets. I picked up my two N. Koreans, EG G36 (based on the AKM Type 2), Iraqi Type 2, and a few others from sites that identified the bayos as simply AK-47 bayonets or something else. Also look for auctions ending in the middle of the night and set your alarm clock.
Other places to look include GunsAmerica, local online (Texas Gun Trader and Texas HiBid for me), and proxibid. I've had limited success at gunshows because I find people either know what they got and jack the prices up unreasonably or they have good deals that are scarfed up early.
Also look to hook up with someone outside the US, like one of our members. They can have access to AK bayonets that are hard to find in the US. I managed to acquire a few bayonets from acquaintances I made while I lived in Germany, although I've since lost contact with them. Do you know anyone overseas?
Some of our members sometimes sell their spares (I have an extra EG Type 2 and a VZ-58 I can let go of, just haven't listed them).
Other sites sales forums (AR15.com)
Think outside the box...I saw a guy from Russia listing a bayonet on eBay and I bought it, but contacted him later via email to see if he had any more. He hooked me up with some more, rare Russian bayos (including a Type 2 reduced pommel) and some other bayos and, since it was not through eBay, they were cheaper. He sent me a 40-page listing of other bayonets he had with pics. He also connected me with a friend of his who got me an authentic AK-74 wood set for my Saiga Legion for 1/3 the price in the US. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from either of them since the Russian invasion.

I hope this has helped a bit.