Romanian Type II - SA Contract Possibly for sale

AK Bayonets for Sale

Moderator: Mr. B.

Brian
Site Admin

Romanian Type II - SA Contract Possibly for sale

Post by Brian »

I may need to do some fundraising soon, and one of the things I may need to part with is a South African contract matching numbered Romanian Type II.
As we know, these are some of the scarcest of all the AK bayonets, far scarcer than the KM87 etc etc.
But I was wondering firstly if there is any interest, and secondly what the market value would be on one?
I know of a few that sold between $1000 and $1200 or more...so that is where I put them, but it's obviously not an easy sale, and don't want to have to go the eBay route.
So just putting this out there tentatively.

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
furtium

Re: Romanian Type II - SA Contract Possibly for sale

Post by furtium »

Pictures please!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Don't have pics of the one I would sell, but it is like the others I had....90% condition, complete with hanger. Need to check if it has a strap. Not sure the serial, but here is one I had/have (need to check serial)
I would of course take pics of the specific one if/when I have a buyer. Otherwise I think I'm going to put it on eBay with a reserve. I see BigUno sold his transitional for a good price($800?) a few days ago, so this has to be worth a decent amount.
I have most of the info on these, all I don't know is how many rifles we bought. I suspect between 100 and 200.
I have had ex special forces guys say the rifles were sent to various special forces units for testing and use. Apparently they are now in storage. Securely.
Seems operators have been lifting a bayonet or 2 at a time, not thinking they are anything special, and giving them to friends occasionally. But there is no real source of them, only if you are lucky enough to come across an operator or friend who "scored" one.
Most don't even know what they are, and a few are probably used as camping knives. Since the origin is dodgy, you can't ask around about them. But for sure there won't be more, and since SA is a signatory to various arms treaties, they will never sell them, they will destroy them if found to be surplus to needs.
Anyways, that's the story.
Attachments
Roma1b.jpg
Roma1b.jpg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 14734 times
Roma5.jpg
Roma5.jpg (36.94 KiB) Viewed 14734 times
Roma7.jpg
Brian
- Admin -
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sold
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Congrats! Wish I would have had the funds. Maybe next time!? Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I'll always make a plan for you. I'm trying to pry one out of the hands of a friend here who didn't know what he had until I told him.
Brian
- Admin -
ike80314

Post by ike80314 »

I would like to get one!!!!
have new one for sale :D ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That one sold a while ago. Have a spare, but not 100% sure if I want to sell it or not. Might consider it :-)
Brian
- Admin -