WTS bayonet display stands AKM,AK-74,SVD design

AK Bayonets for Sale

Moderator: Mr. B.

nnicclaas

WTS bayonet display stands AKM,AK-74,SVD design

Post by nnicclaas »

Hello Folks,
I would like to offer to you display stands for 6X3, 6X4 and 6X5 Bayonets.
There are 3 variants, modeled ont The AKM front-end, The Ak-74 front-end and the SVD front-end.
The AKM and SVD variants are compatible with all6X3, 6X4 or 6X5 bayonets, the AK-74 variant is only compatible with 6X4 or 6X5 bayonets.
I designed these myself and would be printed in esun Pla + to order.
Every display stand includes the bayonet holder, a stand for the scabbard and a stand for the bayonet holder.

As for pricing I'm asking 25$ for one or 70$ for a set of 3 plus shipping.
I'm located in Germany, and international shipping is possible.
SVD Variante 2.jpg
AKM Variante 2.jpg
AK-74 Variante 2.jpg
AKM mit 6X3 2.jpg
SVD mit 6X4 2.jpg
Mr. B.

Re: WTS bayonet display stands AKM,AK-74,SVD design

Post by Mr. B. »

Excellent idea! Using a 3-D printer and esun Pla material, brilliant! Reasonable price not sure about mailing to the USA, but small light package?
Unfortunately, I have very little shelf / table space, but lot's of wall space. I might be able to adapt one to display how to mount an AK47 6X2 bayonet!? I had to use real barrels from de-milled rifles. They are getting expensive and hard to find.
Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Wall display. Old picture, have added a couple more since. Still need a basic AK47 version. Mike
Mounted AK Display 1 (2).JPG
nnicclaas

Post by nnicclaas »

Im working on a 6x2 version, but no estimate yet on when it will be finished.
I looked up shipping cost worldwide and the cheapest option that could be viable, even without tracking would be around 10$
Mounting these on a wall should be no problem, and if you supply me with the details of your wall mount, i should be able to design on fairly easily.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great idea! Good luck with sales.
Brian
- Admin -
nnicclaas

Post by nnicclaas »

I am happy to announce, that i have finished my design for the AK 47 type 3 front end.
This bayonetstand is able to accept all 6X2 type bayonets. The only thing i can't think of right now, is a way to display the scabbard, so i can't offer an display stand for the 6X2 scabbard.
The bayonetstand features a correctly threaded muzzle with a removable thread protector nut.
To reflect the missing scabbard stand, i would offer this for 20$.
IMG_20211219_141252.jpg
IMG_20211219_141455.jpg
I also updated the design for the AKM model to feature muzzlethreading and a removable compensator.
IMG_20211219_141417.jpg
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Looks great! I would like to order the 6X2 and the updated AKM version pictured above. Please send PM with total Including recommended shipping method and cost to Iowa City, Iowa, USA. Also include preferred payment method.
Thanks, Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Hi Niclas, I have a challange for you. How about making display stands for the Czech VZ58 and Finnish M62 bayonets? They are the lower two bayonets in my picture above. They have unique mounting methods and would make interesting examples and displays?
Regards, Mike
nnicclaas

Post by nnicclaas »

Well it would very much be possible, to make 3d printed replicas of these front ends, but i would need at least a bayonet, or better a gun to measure from.
For the SVD style frontend i did it by visual reference only, but i measured it against a 6X4 bayonet,and so made it work. For the AK-47 front end I used original documentation fom a technical data package to construct from.
I can try to construct a holder for the VZ-58 bayonet, as i already have one ion my posession, but for the RK-62, that one will have to wait, until i can get my hands on one example.
nnicclaas

Post by nnicclaas »

First Part of the challenge done, VZ 58 Display stand finished.
This piece was pretty easy to handle, because I could find a 3d model of the VZ 58 online, which surprisingly was to spec. This made it really easy to reengineer for my purposes.
Again this model features a correctly threaded muzzle in M13x1 RH with a correct thread protector.
IMG_20211221_173939.jpg
This bayonet display should be compatible with all VZ 58 bayonets, as far as I can tell, but because only one example is in my collection at his time, I could only try it with that one.

Again if anyone wants to purchase this bayonet display, I offer this for sale for $20 + shipping.
In the pictures you see a prototype with a fully hooded front sight, which I have meanwhile replaced with front sight protector wings more in line with the AK family, which I believe is the correct variant for a military VZ 58.
IMG_20211221_174004.jpg
IMG_20211221_174012.jpg
As for the RK-62 bayonet display, that one will have to wait, because first I will have to find a bayonet to add to my collection.

I wish all in this forum a merry Christmas and a Happy new Year,
Stay safe, Niclas
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Wonderful products!
Not really practical to purchase them, as shipping to SA is impossible. Our postal services are not really functional and courier is too expensive.
I've been looking for 3D prints of muzzle ends to do this myself. Great idea and good luck.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

I recerntly ordered two different display stands from Niclas. Excellent service, mailed same day, well packaged! Regular mail only took 21 days even over the holidays. Nice vertical displays, bayonets fit perfectly. I already had made up angled wall mounts using scrap barrel ends. No space for the vertical displays so converted the new ones to wall mounts. Had to make up bushing to fit the barrel ends for the peg board hooks. Pleased with the results! can you tell which two are Niclas's?
Excellent economical display mounts however you use them.
Thanks, Mike
AK bayonet stands Niclas 1 (4).jpg
WMB Collection wall display 1-16-22 (2).jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Aside from the ones that Niclas does, has anyone come across any 3D print files for other rifles?
I am looking for Lee Enfield No 4, Lee Enfield No 1 (SMLE), Mauser K98 and a few others.I am sure they are out there, or even decent full size rifle files that can be modded. Galil/R4 would be good. As would Valmet and any other AK related too.

Thanks.
Brian
- Admin -