New Polish 6H4 Black

Polish AK bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Brian
Site Admin

New Polish 6H4 Black

Post by Brian »

Apparently this is the new Polish issue bayonet for the Beryl rifle?
Seen for sale here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =542333427
Looks interesting. I expect the pricing will come down as more find their way into the wild. I suspect these examples are coming straight from the factory, not from issue?
Attachments
bb9ffdfaae80a702a16c8b54d0ef1f6b.jpg
b85eb2cea2f931037ef01212fa696434.jpg
130773c07df4c2c5d7db4c73975b21d4.jpg
75f7a681cda5535394007b0cc6df152f.jpg
8db3eeb07dc2d8b1c0e952c43e482d5e.jpg
7d97a9cb93509690d3055b75622a90f7.jpg
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Re: New Polish 6H4 Black

Post by Mr. B. »

Agree, something new and different. Some observations after studying the pictures on GB. 1. The upper part of the blade tang does not extend through the cross guard as on the previous 6H4 version. This is what creates the flat, or pedestal behind the muzzle ring on the older ones. It's function was to engage a slot on the muzzle attachment and eliminate rotation of the bayonet on the barrel axis. No longer needed? 2. The top front of the black molded grip is a completely different shape in this area behind the muzzle ring as well. The grip seems to be a much more detailed plastic molding without any trimming or grinding. 3. Also noticed there are no plugs or indentions on the sides of the grip. These plugs covered the machine screw or pin that secured the grip to the blade tang. No longer needed? Different method used? Just adhesive or molded in place? Mike
New Polish Beryl 6H4 2.jpg
New Polish Beryl 6H4.jpg
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

I also noticed that the rubber scabbard insulator appeared to have a slightly different shape!? Maybe it's just the picture, but the sides of the hanger loop pocket appear to be pinched in. Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I guess we are all going to be working hard to find this one.
I have a good source in Poland, but he hasn't got any info on it yet. We will see. They HAVE to come down from $300 hopefully.
Brian
- Admin -
Trombi

Post by Trombi »

I saw on polish auction. Price was mad at the end. Looks like new colour came on market. Must be dark series production, not many on market now but soon will come more I believe.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Seller says that the military does not have stock of them yet, and they aren't available in Poland to the civilian market, but at the same time he is saying they are military issue.
Not sure how they an be military issue, but not issued yet. I think the factory is making and selling them for collectors. Maybe they are destined for the army (I assume so) and then they will leak out like everything. But for now I would like to see a pic of someone issued with one, or a serialized one.
Brian
- Admin -
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

What was the end price Sebastian, and was it Allegro?
Brian
- Admin -
Trombi

Post by Trombi »

I do not remeber cause I did not save auction and price last time i saw was 300PLN and auction still going on. What was ended price no idea. Seller clear said that is black version assembled from spare parts. Yes it was Allegro site. You know this site?
Trombi

Post by Trombi »

This one is darkest I have, I believe. Need to dig out all of them to compare. If there wass one on auction with black handle I am sure that in future will be more of them. We must wait and observe.
SAM_9000.JPG
Trombi

Post by Trombi »

Found more on my hardware.
1.JPG
Looks like they change production method for this black version. There is no pin in the handle.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My black handle one is on the way. Will post pics when it arrives.
They are coming off the production line in Poland now, before the military proofs and serializes them apparently.
This is how they come, before everything is put together. About half the price the Gunbroker ones are going for roughly.
Attachments
Black.jpg
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

For everyone's information. Arms of America has these minus the hanger and wrist strap for $89.95 plus shipping. I've ordered one (had other things to order so the shipping wasn't an issue) and will post pictures when I get it.

MDI
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, apparently they are sold out now?
Please let us know what arrives? Hope it's not one of those "show one thing in a pic, and send another" and that it is the usual red ones that arrive.
I still don't know what these are exactly. I met the Radom guys at an arms show here, and even they have no knowledge of a black bayonet in issue. Neither do any of the Poles I know. So who is getting these exactly?
Hmm....interested to hear more.
The hangers and straps can be had from Poland. If anyone bought a few of these, I would be interested in one for a friend here please. Await the pics.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Yes! They are as advertised from Arms of America. Mine came in the mail today. Below are pictures of the new Polish Beryl black 6X4 compared to the older style. Brand new and completely unmarked. No strap or hanger, but I have a few sets of new and used ones. For display I will add a new strap and use the new style fabric LBE hanger I picked up earlier. Mike
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Note that the blade has an anti-reflective finish as well as the painted cross guard and hilt. The grip appears to be molded directly up to the cross guard with no exposed metal tang. The scabbard and insulator are identical to the previous versions. Mike
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Did everyone only buy one??
No-one bought a few and has a spare? :-)

- B -
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I supposedly have one on the way. I also plan on using the new style hanger.
Brian, unfortunately I only bought one.

MDI
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

I went to their site but didn't see them. I guess they are sold out?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Apparently yes.
Can someone enquire if they don't maybe have some put away? I could really use one for someone.
I also suspect these are issued (if they are issued!) with the leather, and not the new hanger. Mine came from Poland not even assembled yet..all the parts still wrapped individually, and uses the leather.
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I have spare Polish leather hangers, just figured this would be the most likely bayonet to see with the new style hanger. Mine is supposed to be here Thursday.

MDI